Our Collection Of Information
We collect information about you when you use our Services. The types of information we collect depend on the services and the features you use on the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information to provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or if you ask us to delete that information, you may no longer be able to access or use certain Services.
The information we collect may include data you directly provide to us, data we obtain automatically from your interactions with our Services, and data we obtain from other sources.
Information You Provide
We collect the following information directly from you when you use the Services:
- Contact Information, including name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and communication preferences.
- Account Information, including username and one-time access codes.
- Financial information, in connection with payment for the Services.
- Profile Information, including name, profile image, achievement badges and other personal information shared through the platform account.
- User-Generated Content, including images, videos, comments, messages and other information you provide when you interact with us or use the Services, such as content captured through a device camera or images and videos stored on a device which are uploaded to the Services. Users are responsible for all user-generated content and other information they provide through the Services.
- Demographic Information such as gender.
- Support Information, including information you provide to customer support so that we may resolve your questions regarding the Services.
If you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill your request or respond to your inquiry.
Information We Automatically Collect
We collect certain information automatically when you use our Services or otherwise interact with us:
- Audio, Video, and Text Data: AI-generated transcriptions and captions, video corrections and edits (such adjustments to your video to create eye contact or lip-synching), scripts, and voice generation/dubbing.
- Biometric Information: To enable certain features, such as our augmented reality features and voice to text, we may generate biometric information from your face or voice. For more information, seethe “augmented reality/biometric features” section below.
- Log Data. When you use the Services, we may collect information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or domain, the type and version of your Internet browser software and operating system you use, the date, time, and duration of your use of the Services, the specific pages, buttons, images, links, and forms that you access while visiting the Services, the type of device you use to access the Services, and your mobile carrier and/or Internet Service Provider.
- Device/Usage Information. We and our third-party service providers, which include ad networks and analytics companies such as Google Analytics, may collect information about the computers or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services. As described further below, we may collect and analyze information including but not limited to (a) browser type; (b) internet service provider or operating system; (c) domain name; (d) access time; (e) referring or exit pages; (f) page views; (g) IP address; (h) unique device identifiers (e.g. IDFA or Android ID); and (i) the type of device that you use. We may also track when and how frequently you access or use the Services, including how you engage with or navigate our websites or mobile applications. This information is also known as “Clickstream Data.” We use this information (including the information collected by our third-party service providers) for analytics (including to determine which portions of the Services are used most frequently and what our users like/do not like), to know when users have accessed the Services from a paid advertiser, an affiliate website, or a strategic partner website, to assist in determining relevant advertising (both on and off the Services), to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, and as otherwise described in this Policy.
- Location Information. When you use the Services, we may collect your general geographic location based on IP address.
Information We Collect From Other Sources And Third Parties
We also obtain information about you from other sources, which we often combine with information we collect either automatically or directly from you. We receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Single Sign-On: We allow users to sign on to our platform through certain third-party accounts the user maintains. When you use single sign-on services to access our platform, we do not receive your login credentials for the relevant third-party service. Instead, we receive tokens from the single sign-on service to help identify you in our system (such as by your username) and confirm you successfully authenticated with the single sign-on services. This information allows us to more easily provide you access to our platform.
- App Stores: We may also receive information about you from app stores, such as when you subscribe to the Services.
- Other Services: When you interact with the Services through other social media networks or services, such as when you follow us or share our content on other social networks, we may receive some information about you that you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and platforms before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to our the Services.
- Advertisers, Influencers and Publishers: We engage in advertising both on our platform and through third-party services. Advertisers, influencers, and publishers may share information with us in connection with our advertising efforts. For example, we may obtain information about whether an advertisement on our platform led to a successful engagement between an individual and a third-party advertiser.
- Service Providers: Our service providers, such as analytics and certain marketing providers, perform services on our behalf and collect information about you and often share some or all of this information with us. For example, we receive information you submit in response to requests for feedback to our feedback providers.
- Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement information we collect about you. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to reconnect with an individual.
- Publicly Available Sources: We may collect information about you that we do not otherwise have, such as contact information, from publicly available sources. We use this information to contact you, to send advertising or promotional materials, or to personalize the Services and to better understand the demographics of individuals with whom we interact.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide the Services.
- Manage our organization and its day-to-day operations.
- Communicate with you, including via email, phone, text message, push notification, and social media.
- Solicit feedback about the Services.
- Address inquiries or complaints made by or about you in connection with the Services.
- Market the Services, including through email, phone, text message, social media and through the use of user-generated content as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Administer, improve and personalize the Services, including by recognizing you and remembering your information when you return to the Services.
- Develop, operate, improve, maintain, protect and provide the features and functionality of the Services, including to train our artificial intelligence/machine learning models and for our augmented reality features.
- Create and maintain accounts for you.
- Identify and analyze how you use the Services.
- Infer additional information about you from the use of the Services, such as your interests.
- Conduct research and analytics on our user base and our Services, including to better understand the demographics of our users.
- Improve and customize the Services and other service offerings to address the needs and interests of our user base and other individuals we interact with.
- Test, enhance, update, and monitor the Services, or diagnose or fix technology problems.
- Help maintain and enhance the safety, security and integrity of our property, platform, the Services, technology assets, business, employees, third parties, and members of the public.
- Defend, protect, or enforce our rights or applicable contracts and agreements.
- Prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to fraud, unauthorized access/use of the Services, breaches of terms and policies, unlawful or criminal activity, or other wrongful behavior.
- Comply with legal obligations or as permitted by law.
We may also aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We may use and disclose de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes.
When We Disclose Information
We disclose your information in the following ways:
- To Other Users and the General Public: As part of the Services, we provide our users with the ability to share their information with other users and the general public. We share information you designate for sharing based on the applicable user privacy settings and intended recipients. Keep in mind that the users who view your user-generated content can always reshare or redistribute the content both on and off the platform or save or copy the content outside of the platform. By publicly posting content on the Services, you are directing us to disclose that information as broadly as possible and directing those accessing the content to do the same. This content may remain even after you terminate your Account. Please consider the sensitivity of any information you disclose, and if you do not wish to disclose your content, please adjust your privacy settings.
- To Our Affiliates: We may disclose your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, or parent companies and any subsidiaries they own, particularly when we collaborate in providing the Services.
- To Marketing Partners: We coordinate and disclose information with our marketing partners to advertise and communicate with you about the Services.
- To Third Parties. We may also disclose your information collected through our platform to third parties for their own business and commercial purposes, including for the purpose of enhancing their services, training their algorithms, and marketing third-party products or services to users.
- To Service Providers: We engage other third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf in connection with the uses of your information described in the how we use information section above. Depending on the function of the third party serves, the service provider may process your information on our behalf or have access to your information while performing functions on our behalf.
- To Other Businesses as Needed to Provide Services: We may share your information with third parties that you engage with through the Services or as needed to fulfill a request or transaction including, for example, payment processing services or AI music services.
- In Connection with a Business Transaction or Reorganization. We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose your information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Your information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- With Consent or Direction: We may disclose your information to certain other third parties or publicly with your consent or direction.
Disclosure To Third-Parties To Enable Artificial Intelligence-Based Features
When you use certain AI-based features of the Services (such as AI Captions, AI Music), we need to share your information with the third party partners that help provide those Services. By choosing to use these features, you intentionally direct us to share your information with these partners. If you do not want us to share this information, please do not use these features.
Cookies And Related Technologies
We and our third-party partners and providers may use (i) cookies or small data files that are stored on an individual’s computer and (ii) other, similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and logging technologies (collectively, “cookies”) to automatically collect certain information when an individual visits or interacts with the Services. For example, the Services use these technologies to automatically collect analytics and usage information so we can conduct analytics and deliver personalized advertising. We may also embed web beacons, tags, and pixels in the emails we send to you to help us understand how you interact with those messages, such as whether and when you opened an email or clicked on any content within the email. Our mobile applications may use software development kits (“SDKs”) to help us understand how you interact with the applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access the application.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change browser settings to notify the individual when they receive a cookie, which lets the individual choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set the browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using our online services, as some features and offerings may not work properly or at all. Depending on the individual’s device and operating system, the individual may not be able to delete or block all cookies. In addition, if the individual wants to reject cookies across all their browsers and devices, the individual will need to do so on each browser on each device the individual actively uses. The individual may also set their email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether the individual has accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
Analytics & Advertising
Analytics. We may use third-party web analytics services on the Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “cookies and related technologies” section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described below. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
If you would like to learn more or opt out of receiving online display advertising tailored to your interests, please visit the Networking Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://aboutads.info/choices. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
To opt out of receiving online interest-based advertisements on mobile apps, please follow the instructions at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads. If you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your online display advertising opt-out choice.
Augmented Reality/Biometric Features
We may make available through the Services augmented reality features that allow users to overlay digital content and information within user-generated videos and images. To provide these features, we collect additional information about objects contained in user-generated content, including using advanced technology such as artificial intelligence to better understand the size, shape, and location of an object in space. If the user-generated content contains an image of you, we may automatically generate information about your physical characteristics to place digital content on top of or around you, such as identifying the location of your eyes, nose, mouth and ears to generate a digital overlay for your face. We may also use this information for authentication for certain features of the Service. If you have any questions about how this technology works, please contact us as set forth below in the Contact Us section.
Children’s Personal Information
The services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use the Services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Third-Party Websites And Services
- Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept Cookies by default. For information on how to reject cookies, please see the “cookies and related technologies” section above.
- Online Advertising Networks: For information on how to opt out of receiving targeted ads based on the information we collect from you, please see the “analytics & advertising” section above.
- Mobile Advertising: To opt out of mobile advertising, you can visit your mobile device’s “settings” menu and adjust the device’s ad tracking settings (such as turning off the feature to “Allow Apps to Request to Track”). Certain apps, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” app can help you exercise your behavioral advertising choices and are available from some platform providers (such as Apple or Google). For more information, please see the “analytics & advertising” section above.
- Google Analytics: To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
- Promotional Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you choose to opt out, we will still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your Account or our ongoing business relations.
- Text messages: If you are receiving text message notification from us and wish to opt out of these messages, you may do so by replying “STOP” to the message. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP keyword command and agree that we and our service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from us through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
Applicable law (such as the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, Colorado Privacy Act, and Brazil’s LGPD) may give you various rights regarding your information. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- confirm whether we process your information or provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you;
- object to the use or disclosure of your information for certain purposes (including direct-marketing purposes);
- update information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete certain information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information;
- transfer your information to a third party provider of services; and
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information.
You can exercise those rights by emailing us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services. You may be required to provide additional information to verify your identity before we fulfill your request.
Applicable law may also permit you to appeal any denials of your rights requests; to do so, contact us at using the information in the “Contact Us” section below and describe in detail why you believe the denial was in error. Your description must include your full name and the email address to obtain the Services from us, along with a copy of the denial notice you received from us.
You may also have the right to opt out of the use of your information for targeted advertising. Targeted advertising (as defined by applicable law) is advertising based on a consumer’s personal information obtained from the consumer’s activity across websites to predict the consumer’s preferences or interests. You may also have the right to opt out of the “sale” of your information, as that term is defined by applicable law. To opt out of targeted advertising or “sales,” please visit this link: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
If applicable, you may make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in the country where you are based. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to provide the Services and for the other purposes set out in this Policy. We also store information when necessary to comply with contractual and legal obligations, when we have a legitimate interest to do so (such as improving and developing our Services, and enhancing the safety, security, and stability of our Services). We may also store your information in order to defend or ascertain our legal rights, respond to valid legal requests, in the context of a merger/acquisition or in order to implement our Terms and Conditions.
In all cases, in addition to the purposes, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, as well as the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, in determining how long to retain personal data.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the privacy and security of personal information. However, the Internet is not a fully secure environment, and we cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information transmitted to or generated by Captions in connection with the Services or any other service offered by Captions. You play a critical role in protecting your information by maintaining up-to-date computer security protections. Steps you take to ensure the security of your computer, computer passwords, or other personal identifier authentication mechanisms are key components of the protection of your personal information. You agree that you are responsible for any additional verification procedures and security you deem necessary.
Notice To Persons Located Outside The United States
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world and where the information may be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction. Your information may be transferred for processing and storage by Captions and our affiliates and third parties. Where required, we will use appropriate safeguards for transferring data outside of your jurisdiction. This includes signing Standard Contractual Clauses that govern the transfers of such data, which may be used in conjunction with additional safeguards. For more information about these transfer mechanisms, please contact us as detailed in the “Contact us” section below.
Notice To California Residents – Your Privacy Rights
If you’re a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose information regarding the categories of personal information and sensitive personal information that we have collected about California consumers, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined by applicable law) for which the information was collected, and the categories of parties to whom we disclose personal information.
Throughout this Policy, we describe the specific pieces of personal information and sensitive personal information we collect, the sources of that information, and how we disclose it. Under the CCPA, we also have to provide you with the "categories" of personal information and sensitive personal information we collect and disclose for “business or commercial purposes” (as those terms are defined by applicable law). The categories of personal information are identifiers (such as name, address, and email address); commercial information (such as transaction data); financial data (such as credit card and other financial account information); internet or other network or device activity (such as IP address and browsing history); geolocation information (general location and, with your consent, precise location); inference data about you; audio and visual information (such as when you upload or record audio or video using the Services); legally protected classifications (such as gender); and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you. The categories of sensitive personal information are account log-in and password, financial data, or other credentials allowing access to your account, as well as biometric information. .
We or our service providers collect and disclose the above categories of personal information for the purposes described in our Policy. This includes the following business and commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Provide the Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, order processing and fulfillment, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Service);
- Operational purposes (e.g., to enable and troubleshoot our Service);
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions);
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our Service;
- Short-term, transient use, such as customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Service;
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third-party partners;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above from the following sources: (1) directly from you; (2) through your use of the Services; and (3) third parties such as social media services, advertisers, influencers, publishers, service providers, information providers, and publicly available sources.
We describe our information disclosure practices in the Policy above. We may disclose certain categories of information to third parties (as defined by the CCPA) for the business purposes described above. For example, we may disclose information designated for sharing to other users and the general public.
Rights Of California Consumers
If you’re a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting, “selling,” or “sharing” your personal information; the categories of third parties to whom we disclose or “sell,” or with whom we “share,” personal information; and the categories of personal information we “sell.”
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
- Correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Service to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Service.
If would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. To do so, you will be required to log into your account or provide us information such as your name and email address. We may request additional information from you to match with our existing records to verify your identity, depending on the nature of the request and the sensitivity of the information sought. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
The CCPA requires businesses that “sell” personal information, as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, to provide an opt-out from such sales. Some people have taken the position that when a website uses third parties’ cookies or similar technology for its own analytics or advertising purposes, the website is engaged in a “sale” under the CCPA if the third parties have some ability to use, disclose or retain the data to improve their service or to take steps beyond the most narrowly drawn bounds of merely providing their service to the website/app. Some take this position even when the website pays the third party (not vice versa), and in most cases merely provides the third party with an opportunity to collect data directly, instead of providing personal information to the third party. As part of these analytics and advertising services, these technologies may access identifiers (like IP addresses), internet or other electronic network activity information (like information regarding an individual’s browsing interactions on our Services), and commercial information (like the fact that a browser visited a page directed to people who are considering the use of our Services) to those sorts of companies. While we do not believe these are “sales” as that term is defined under the CCPA, you can opt out of this activity.
The CCPA also requires businesses that "share“ personal information to provide an opt out from such sharing. Under the CCPA,” sharing” is defined as the targeting of advertising to a consumer based on that consumer’s personal information obtained from the consumer’s activity across websites. We “share” information for these purposes to provide more relevant and tailored advertising to you regarding our Services. As part of this advertising, we may "share“ identifiers (like IP addresses and email addresses), internet or other electronic network activity information (like information regarding an individual’s browsing interactions on our Site), and commercial information (like the fact that a browser visited a page directed to people who are considering a subscription to the Services) with advertising platforms and advertising networks. To opt out of such “sharing,” please visit this link: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
Please note that we also respond to and abide by opt-out preference signals sent through the Global Privacy Control. Any opt out preferences you have exercised through these methods will only apply to the specific device/browser on which you made them. For more information on how to use the Global Privacy Control, see www.globalprivacycontrol.org.
We do not knowingly “sell” or “share” the personal information of children under 16.
The CCPA also allows you to limit the use or disclosure of your “sensitive personal information” (as defined in the CCPA) if your sensitive personal information is used for certain purposes. Please note that we do not use or disclose sensitive personal information other than for purposes for which you cannot opt out under the CCPA.
Retention Of Your Personal Information
Please see the “Data Retention” section above.
Notice Of Financial Incentive
In addition to the practice described in “disclosure to third-parties to enable artificial intelligence-based features” section above, we may provide certain rewards or incentives for providing your email address or referring friends and contacts, and may occasionally run sweepstakes and contests where participants may provide personal information in return for a chance to win or compete to win certain prizes. You can opt into these incentives, sweepstakes, or contests by taking the requested action. Your participation is completely voluntary, and you have a right to withdraw from these incentives at any time. If you decide you don’t want to participate in these financial incentives, you can refrain from taking the requested actions.
The specific reward or incentive offered, if any, is made available to you when you provide the information requested or submit a review. The monetary value of the reward or incentive is a reasonable approximation of the monetary value of the information you provide us. We have arrived at this estimate based on consideration of multiple factors, including the following: (1) revenue generated by Captions in developing insights on our customers; (2) expenses incurred by Captions in operating the incentives; and (3) our reasonable assessment of revenue we may generate as a result of the referrals provided to us by our customers.
Shine The Light
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine the Light” law), users who are residents of California may request information regarding the disclosure of our personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Removal Of User-Generated Content
Users of the platform who are California residents under the age of 18 may request and obtain removal of user-generated content they posted on the platform. To submit such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the material. For example, materials that were posted may have been republished or reposted by another user or third party.
If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information regarding how each category of data is processed and disclosed and to whom the data is disclosed, please click here.
Sales Of Personal Information
The Colorado Privacy Act (COPA) requires businesses that “sell” personal information, as the term “sell” is defined under the COPA, to provide an opt-out from such sales. Some people have taken the position that when a website uses third parties’ cookies or similar technology for its own analytics or advertising purposes, the website is engaged in a “sale” under the CCPA if the third parties have some ability to use, disclose or retain the data to improve their service or to take steps beyond the most narrowly drawn bounds of merely providing their service to the website/app. Some take this position even when the website pays the third party (not vice versa), and in most cases merely provides the third party with an opportunity to collect data directly, instead of providing personal information to the third party. As part of these analytics and advertising services, these technologies may access identifiers (like IP addresses), internet or other electronic network activity information (like information regarding an individual’s browsing interactions on our Services), and commercial information (like the fact that a browser visited a page directed to people who are considering the use of our Services) to those sorts of companies. While Captions does not believe these are “sales” as that term is defined under the COPA, you can opt out of this activity as described in the “your rights” section above.
We may may also use your information to send you targeted advertising (as that term is defined in the COPA). We disclose identifiers (like IP addresses and email addresses), internet or other electronic network activity information (like information regarding an individual’s browsing interactions on our Site), and commercial information (like the fact that a browser visited a page directed to people who are considering using the Services) with advertising platforms and advertising networks for this purpose. You can opt out of this activity as described in the “your rights” section above.
UK and EEA Residents
If you are based in the United Kingdom (“UK”), European Economic Area ("EEA"), please click here for additional privacy disclosures.